Welcome and thank you for visiting our website. Our mission at Blossom Gulch Elementary “is to provide an excellent, well-rounded education in a welcoming and caring environment where every child is valued and empowered to achieve their full potential.” Our school has an enrollment of approximately 585 students in grades K-3. It is a great school with outstanding teachers, classified staff, students and parents. Our teachers know their students – their individual strengths, challenges and passions – and strive to spark a love of learning in every child. Our goal is to provide an environment and educational experience that enables all students to become successful members of our community through consistent social and academic development.
Our ongoing efforts to help all students succeed include:
· Supporting students’ social development and fostering a caring school community
· Monitoring each student’s learning progress so teachers know where to provide extra challenges or additional help
· Helping students to develop a love of learning, a growth mindset and a spirit of perseverance.
We have a school-wide Title 1 program that provides reading, writing and math instruction. We also provide many other excellent educational programs for our students including:
· Special Education services - Resource Room, Speech, Adaptive Life Skills, Structured Learning Center (Behavior)
· English Language Learner program
· K-SMART (Start Making a Reader Today for Kindergarten students
· Full-time PE teacher
· Second Steps curriculum
· Marshfield High School Student Cadets
Our vision at Blossom Gulch Elementary is to create “a place where all students are encouraged to strive for excellence academically, socially and emotionally in a safe and supportive atmosphere, where family and community involvement are both valued and revered.